Former Asante Kotoko board member Kennedy ‘Cappuccino’ Agyapong has yet again demonstrated gross benevolence to players and management to the Porcupine Warriors.The business tycoon made a special cash of ¢6,000 to the team when the later called on him at his plush Airport Residential area house in Accra yesterday.The cash donation was in fulfillment of the business magnate’s promise to give the Kumasi-based club a financial support to take care of its logistics.The players and management members expressed admiration for the beautiful architectural design of the businessman’s house,starring veteran Stephen Oduro to remark “This is indeed magnificent.Boss, if you allow me sleep in your boy’s quarters, notthe main house o, and I die today, I believe I will go to Heaven.”Striker Ahmed Toure in like manner said “Ei! so we such a house in Ghana, it looks like a house in abroad. I have travelled extensively, but this house is something else.”The duo’s expression threw the entire team and their host (Kenpong) into wild laughter. Coach of the side, Mas Ud-Didi Dramani thanked the businessman, also known as Kenpong for his continued support for the Club saying, “You have always been there for us.“You have demonstrated you are the true sons of our great club. You just promised us on our way to Togo at the Tema Motorway a few days ago when you were on a motorbike for a business errand, and here we aretoday fulfilling your promise.“Like I said, we are very grateful, I believe we coming to you wonderful abode will inspire the players including we the managementto strive to become like you. It is good they have come to see the house of the gentleman who has been supporting the club all thesewhile. We thank you.” Mr Agyapong, who is also the president and the CEO of Kenpong Group of Companies admonished the players to take their career very serious if they want to make the impact in life.“I started from a humble beginning, but perseverance, tenacity of purpose and the grace of God brought me this far. Don’t joke withwhatever you are doing, I don’t joke with my work, if I put my hand to work, I make sure it is executed to the fullest. “This is just a token for your minor expenses, you will hear from me at the right time, I wish you good luck, and I said keep focused, that is the only way that will help you achieve excellence,” he added.He later led the team in their bus to his offices at Airport West for a facility visit.
Tag Archive: 上海千花网没了吗
Japan’s swimmers have promised to lift the spirits of ailing team mate Rikako Ikee in her battle with leukaemiaGwangju, South Korea | AFP | Japan’s swimmers have promised to lift their game at next week’s world championships to lift the spirits of ailing team mate Rikako Ikee in her battle with leukaemia.The 19-year-old poster girl for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics was diagnosed with the illness earlier this year and is continuing treatment back in Tokyo.Asian champion Yui Ohashi, one of Japan’s biggest medal hopes in South Korea after taking silver in the 200 metres individual medley two years ago, insisted Thursday that Ikee was on the mind of all the swimmers.“It’s a huge blow that Rikako can’t be here to fight with us but she’s battling hard too,” Ohashi told AFP.“Hopefully she can see us giving it everything to produce the kind of results that will give her courage and the added motivation — that I’m sure she already has — to return to competition.”Ikee shot to fame at last year’s Asian Games where she captured a record six gold medals.But she tweeted in February that she had been diagnosed with leukaemia after experiencing problems during a training camp in Australia.Japan’s swim queen would have been a favourite to win 2020 Olympic gold in the 100 metres butterfly and a serious medal contender in the 200m freestyle in her home city.Japanese coaches in Gwangju have spoken to the athletes about Ikee, revealed head coach Norimasa Hirai the morning after arriving in South Korea.“Coach (Yoji) Suzuki has said in meetings it was important to fight hard for Rikako too,” said Hirai. “But knowing Rikako’s character she will be anxious about Japan’s results. If we give everything we have, and hopefully come away with a few medals, it will give her a lift. But first we have to get the job done.”– Alarming dip –In the absence of Ikee and Olympic champion Kosuke Hagino, who has suffered an alarming dip in form since his Rio gold in the men’s 400m individual medley, Japan’s swimmers could struggle in Gwangju after finishing 14th in the medals table at Budapest in 2017 with four silver and three bronze.“I don’t want to predict medal tallies,” said Hirai. “I don’t want to add pressure. But they’re relaxed, they’re enjoying the Korean food and they’re and in good spirits.”While Hungary’s triple Olympic champion Katinka Hosszu has not lost a major final in the women’s 200m medley since 2012, Ohashi has medal chances in both the 200m and 400m.“I’ll need to be at 100 percent,” said Ohashi, who recently completed a spell of high altitude training in Arizona.“I’m trying not to overcomplicate things. I have to be aggressive — if I don’t go out strong, I’ll struggle over the second half of races.”Another potential hope for Japan is Ippei Watanabe, who holds the world record in the men’s 200m breaststroke.“I want to leave everything out there,” he said. “I want to come back with the gold medal, a new world record and a big smile on my face.”Share on: WhatsApp
GRAMMY winner is rumored to be the leading candidate to perform during the 2018 halftime showTim McPhateGRAMMYs Sep 28, 2017 – 9:18 am They say time heals all wounds. In Justin Timberlake’s case, can it heal the damage stemming from a Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction? Email Justin Timberlake Set For A Super Bowl Do-Over? justin-timberlake-perform-super-bowl-lii Facebook News NETWORK ERRORCannot Contact ServerRELOAD YOUR SCREEN OR TRY SELECTING A DIFFERENT VIDEO May 14, 2015 – 4:30 pm Justin Timberlake Wins Best Male Pop Vocal Performance Twitter More than a decade after that wardrobe malfunction, the GRAMMY winner is a leading candidate to perform during the halftime show at Super Bowl LII, according to a Variety report. Timberlake’s previous halftime performance is one of the most notorious scenes in Super Bowl history: Timberlake, Janet Jackson and “nipplegate” at Super Bowl XXXVIII in Houston in 2004.But by the time Super Bowl LII rolls around, it will have been 14 years since the incident. Timberlake is rumored to drop a new album in early 2018, making for a potential case of good timing. Additionally, Jay Z has been identified as a potential special guest alongside Timberlake. The duo has plenty of history, including their 2013 Legends of the Summer tour and a GRAMMY win for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for “Holy Grail.”A final announcement may be forthcoming within days, as Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl gig was confirmed near the end of September 2016.Super Bowl LII will take place Feb. 3, 2018, one week following the 60th GRAMMY Awards, at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.Dave Chappelle, John Mayer Announce L.A. New Year’s Eve Show Justin Timberlake To Perform At Super Bowl LII?
Gazipur City CorporationThe Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday deferred to Thursday the hearing on the appeal petitions filed challenging the High Court order that stayed Gazipur City Corporation (GCC) election for three months.The four-member bench of the Appellate Division led by chief justice Syed Mahmud Hossain took the decision following the request of the election commission as it will file another appeal petition challenging stay order on Gazipur city election, reports UNB.The EC made a request to the Appellate Division on Wednesday morning to defer the hearing on the two petitions filed by two mayoral candidates – Hasan Uddin Sarkar of Awami League and Zahangir Alam of BNP -over the stay order on GCC election until Thursday, said lawyer Obaidur Rahman Mostafa, a counsel of the EC.He said, “We are going to file a petition with the Appellate Division challenging the stay order on Gazipur City Corporation polls today (Wednesday).”Earlier on Tuesday, the election commission decided to appeal with the Appellate Division challenging the High Court order at a meeting chaired by chief election commissioner KM Nurul Huda at Nirbhachan Bhaban in the city.Awami League mayoral candidate Zahangir Alam filed a petition with the Appellate Division bench of the Supreme Court challenging the High Court order staying the Gazipur City Corporation (GCC) election for three months on Tuesday.The chamber judge of the Appellate Division justice Hasan Foyez Siddique sent the petitions to the full-bench of the appellate division after hearing on the two petitions.Earlier on Monday, BNP mayoral candidate Hasan Uddin Sarkar filed a petition with the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court challenging the High Court order.On 6 May, the HC stayed the Gazipur City Corporation election, which was scheduled to be held on 15 May, for three months.It also issued a rule asking the government to explain as to why the inclusion of six moujas of Dhaka district into GCC should not be declared illegal.The government on 16 January 2013 published a gazette incorporating six moujas of Shimulia union of Savar upazila (South Boroibari, Domna, Shibrampur, West Panishail, South Panishail and Domnag) under Gazipur City Corporation but according to law, GCC was formed with Gazipur and Tongi municipalities.ABM Azharul Islam Suruj, Shimulia union parishad chairman of Savar, filed the writ on Sunday morning challenging the legality of the gazette as the election commission announced the election schedule incorporating six moujas of Dhaka district, which is illegal.Chief election commissioner KM Nurul Huda announced the election schedule for Gazipur and Khulna city corporations on 31 March.
Saudi Arab’s king Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and crown prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. Photo: AFPCustodian of the Two Holy Mosques king Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and crown prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud have offered condolences to the families and friends of the victims of the tragic fire of Old Dhaka that claimed 67 lives, reports UNB.They sent separate condolence messages to president M Abdul Hamid as a fire ripped through buildings in the capital, resulting in deaths and injuries, according to the Bangladesh embassy in Riyadh.In his message, the King said: “We’ve learned of the news of the blaze took hold in the Chawkbazar area in Dhaka and resulted in a considerable number of deaths and injuries.”“In my own name and on behalf of the government and people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, we express our sincere condolences to you, the families of victims and the people of People’s Republic of Bangladesh, wishing the wounded a speedy recovery,” the message reads.In his message, the crown prince said, “I’ve learned of the news of the blaze took hold in the Chawkbazar area in Dhaka and resulted in a considerable number of deaths and injuries. I express my sincere condolences to Your Excellency and the families of victims, wishing the wounded a speedy recovery.”