Nearly 30 Haitians caught following illegal landing in Nassau, says Defence Force Related Items:#MagneticNewsMedia, roughseasforTCI #MagneticNewsMedia#roughseasforTCI Bahamas Police Commissioner Greenslade gone to UK, appointed as High Commissioner TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, January 9, 2017 – The water sports and fishing industries are taking a hit in this winter storm moved south into the Caribbean region; guests do not like it and nor do other small craft operators who are being told by The Bahamas Department of Meteorology to stay in port.Gusting to Gale force winds, 25 to 30 knots and large to north to northeasterly swells are in the forecast along with cool temperatures and passing showers. Swells for the next two days will be 12 to 16 feet for the Central, Southeastern Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands. YahooWeather reports that it will continue to be windy, though the forecast is calling for less rain.Temperatures will remain in the low 70s for the Turks and Caicos Islands with no significant warm up in sight until next week. Provo, is looking at 72 degrees tonight and that is not including the wind chill factor, which will be impacted by winds of up to 31 mph. Grand Turk was with a 55% chance of rain today and its temperatures will be slightly higher but getting to 73 degrees tonight. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you
Tag Archive: 上海千花mm自荐
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has revealed he is willing to stay at the club beyond his current contract.The Spanish gaffer has dropped hints he could be willing to extend his stay with the Premier League champions beyond his current deal which ends in 2021, despite suggesting earlier that he had a long-term desire to manage a national team.Guardiola said, according to France24:“I have a young squad, good facilities — I have everything. I have protection, my family is doing well in Manchester.”Report: City are stunned by Norwich George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Manchester City was stunned by Norwich City in todays Premier League clash.Much has been made in recent days of the potential impact of Aymeric…“I don’t rule anything out in terms of my contract. We will see. This is day by day. In two months, football can change every impression you have right now.”“You can lose the locker room, you can see the players don’t follow you anymore and make bad decisions. It’s going well and I’ll maybe stay longer. I don’t know.”Manchester City and Guardiola travel to the London Stadium to face West Ham on Saturday, as they look to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.
June 28, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: June 28, 2019 BOSTON (AP) — A man who authorities say paid $250,000 to get his son into the University of Southern California as a fake volleyball recruit became the 51st person Friday charged in the sweeping college admissions bribery scheme.Jeffrey Bizzack, 59, has agreed to plead guilty to a fraud conspiracy charge, federal prosecutors said. He’s the first person to be charged since March, when authorities announced the arrests of dozens of prominent parents and athletic coaches at elite universities across the country.Bizzack’s lawyer said his client “voluntarily came forward to be accountable for his actions and accept responsibility.”“He deeply regrets what he did, and especially the effect it will have on his son. His son knew nothing of Mr. Bizzack’s actions. Mr. Bizzack will do his best to make up for this mistake and apologizes to USC and its hardworking students,” Attorney Seth Berman said in an email.Federal prosecutors say they will recommend nine months in prison.Bizzack, of Solana Beach, California, gave a total of $200,000 to the sham charity run by the admissions consultant at the center of the scheme and sent a $50,000 check to the USC “Galen Center” to have his son designated as a recruit for the volleyball team, authorities said. His son was formally accepted in March 2018.The consultant, Rick Singer, then made monthly payments of $20,000 to USC’s then-senior associate athletic director, Donna Heinel, for her help getting Bizzack’s son and other children of prominent parents into the school.Heinel has pleaded not guilty in the case.Singer began cooperating with investigators last year in the hopes of getting a lighter sentence and helped build the case against the parents. He pleaded guilty in March.Fourteen parents have pleaded guilty to taking part in the scam, which authorities say involved bribing coaches and rigging standardized test scores.They include “Desperate Housewives” actress Felicity Huffman, who admitted to paying $15,000 to have someone correct the answers on her daughter’s SAT.Parents fighting the charges include “Full House” star Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, who are accused of paying $500,000 to get their daughters into USC as fake crew recruits. They haven’t publicly commented on the allegations.The first person to be sentenced in the case — former Stanford sailing coach John Vandemoer — avoided prison time . He’s serving two years of supervised release, including six months of home confinement with electronic monitoring and was ordered to pay a $10,000 fine.____Follow Alanna Durkin Richer at http://www.twitter.com/aedurkinricher AP, AP Solana Beach parent charged in college admission bribery scam
Now playing: Watch this: Google Fit adds ‘Move Minutes’ and ‘Heart Points’ Android Wear watches, taking a break from exercise. Josh Miller/CNET If you log on to Google Fit’s website today, you’ll be greeted by a yellow banner saying web support for the health tracker is coming to an end. The Google Fit site will shut down on March 19, Google said in its announcement. If you want to keep track of your activities and continue your health goals, Google suggests you install the Fit app on your Android device or Wear OS smartwatch. The app got a makeover last year that added gamification features like Heart Points and Move Minutes to encourage more daily exercise. For example, Move Minutes suggests users take the stairs instead of the elevator. Heart Points let users earn — you guessed it — points for elevating their heart rate. Higher activity intensity earned double points. Google launched its health platform for smartwatches and added web support in 2014. The program was designed to help people set fitness goals, track activity and add exercise into their daily lives. Mobile Comments 2 Tags 2:14 Share your voice Google
Gazipur City CorporationThe Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday deferred to Thursday the hearing on the appeal petitions filed challenging the High Court order that stayed Gazipur City Corporation (GCC) election for three months.The four-member bench of the Appellate Division led by chief justice Syed Mahmud Hossain took the decision following the request of the election commission as it will file another appeal petition challenging stay order on Gazipur city election, reports UNB.The EC made a request to the Appellate Division on Wednesday morning to defer the hearing on the two petitions filed by two mayoral candidates – Hasan Uddin Sarkar of Awami League and Zahangir Alam of BNP -over the stay order on GCC election until Thursday, said lawyer Obaidur Rahman Mostafa, a counsel of the EC.He said, “We are going to file a petition with the Appellate Division challenging the stay order on Gazipur City Corporation polls today (Wednesday).”Earlier on Tuesday, the election commission decided to appeal with the Appellate Division challenging the High Court order at a meeting chaired by chief election commissioner KM Nurul Huda at Nirbhachan Bhaban in the city.Awami League mayoral candidate Zahangir Alam filed a petition with the Appellate Division bench of the Supreme Court challenging the High Court order staying the Gazipur City Corporation (GCC) election for three months on Tuesday.The chamber judge of the Appellate Division justice Hasan Foyez Siddique sent the petitions to the full-bench of the appellate division after hearing on the two petitions.Earlier on Monday, BNP mayoral candidate Hasan Uddin Sarkar filed a petition with the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court challenging the High Court order.On 6 May, the HC stayed the Gazipur City Corporation election, which was scheduled to be held on 15 May, for three months.It also issued a rule asking the government to explain as to why the inclusion of six moujas of Dhaka district into GCC should not be declared illegal.The government on 16 January 2013 published a gazette incorporating six moujas of Shimulia union of Savar upazila (South Boroibari, Domna, Shibrampur, West Panishail, South Panishail and Domnag) under Gazipur City Corporation but according to law, GCC was formed with Gazipur and Tongi municipalities.ABM Azharul Islam Suruj, Shimulia union parishad chairman of Savar, filed the writ on Sunday morning challenging the legality of the gazette as the election commission announced the election schedule incorporating six moujas of Dhaka district, which is illegal.Chief election commissioner KM Nurul Huda announced the election schedule for Gazipur and Khulna city corporations on 31 March.
Members of the Iraqi forces tend to a civilian who was injured by Islamic State (IS) group jihadists at a school turned hospital in western Mosul. Photo: AFPFifteen-year-old Mohammed enthusiastically helps the staff of a makeshift hospital set up in the bullet-scarred school in west Mosul where he himself studied before jihadists seized Iraq’s second city.The Islamic State group used the school as part of its programme of indoctrination until it lost control of the area during a major Iraqi offensive launched last month, and it is now used to treat people wounded in the ongoing battle for the western side of the city.Like many buildings in Mosul, the school bears the signs of warfare.In addition to being pockmarked with bullets, most of the windows are broken, walls are cracked and the floor is littered with bullet casings.The entrance hall has been transformed into an emergency room, which is stocked with only limited equipment but still allows for first aid to be administered to the wounded and sick.One young man lies on a narrow bed, his face pale and tired.“A sniper (from IS) fired at him but missed, so he started to run, and the sniper shot again and hit him,” says Fathi Waad, one of the victim’s relatives.“This is the third time that someone in the family has been hit by a sniper,” he adds.Each day, the hospital looks after around 100 patients, both civilians and security personnel, often the victims of gunshot wounds, says Aqil Karim, a medic from the elite Counter-Terrorism Service.A dust-covered red pickup suddenly stops in front of the school to deliver a semi-conscious old man whose foot has been injured.American dreamUnlike the previous patient, he is not the victim of violence, but rather of an accident, and he is also suffering from dehydration.As soon as he arrives, he is carried to a bed, where his wound is washed, disinfected and dressed.Treating him is just as important as tending to those wounded by war in a city where the fighting has destroyed many medical facilities.More than 200,000 Iraqis have fled west Mosul since Iraqi forces began the assault to retake the area on February 19, the government says, but hundreds of thousands more are still in danger inside the city.With school lessons unlikely to resume at any time soon, several former pupils have returned to the building to help the medical staff.Indifferent to the sound of gunfire and explosions outside, one of them rushes around helping out where he can, dressed in a tracksuit with a blue hood.Mohammed has barely finished unloading a delivery of equipment when he is already back inside handing out food rations.“We cook, clean the equipment, and when wounded people arrive we help them,” says the slender teenager, who is delighted no longer to be in class under the jihadists.“Our teachers were hard on us. They’d beat us,” he says. “And they’d ask us to pledge allegiance to IS.”But Mohammed does not see a future for himself in the ruins of a city disfigured by months of heavy fighting. Instead, he yearns to join his relatives in the United States.His dream job once there? “Doctor” of course.
Share Scott Dalton, courtesy Tenaris 1,200 construction workers are building the Tenaris steel pipe factory in Bay CityU.S. employers went on a hiring binge in February, adding 313,000 jobs, the most in any month since July 2016, and drawing hundreds of thousands of people into the job market.The Labor Department said wage gains, meanwhile, fell from January to 2.6 percent year-over-year. Strong hourly wage growth had spooked markets last month because it raised the specter of inflation. But January’s figure was revised one-tenth of a point lower to 2.8 percent.The influx of new workers kept the unemployment rate unchanged at 4.1 percent.The surge of job gains may reflect, in part, confidence among some businesses that the Trump administration’s tax cuts will accelerate growth. Consumers are also benefiting from higher after-tax income, which grew last month at the fastest pace in a year, aided by the tax cuts.In the meantime, economists are calculating how the Trump administration’s decision Friday to impose a 25 percent tariff on steel imports and a 10 percent tariff on aluminum might affect the job market. The Trade Partnership, a consulting firm, estimates that the tariffs will eliminate roughly 145,000 jobs.Steel and aluminum producers would hire more people. But the gains would be more than offset, the firm calculates, by sharp losses among companies that use the metals, such as automakers, packaged food companies and those that make industrial machinery.During 2017, the stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 index, surged 19 percent, partly on anticipation of corporate and individual tax cuts. Yet barely a month after the tax cuts became law, investors shifted their focus to the potential consequences: Faster growth that might intensify inflation and lead the Fed to accelerate its rate hikes.There have been some signs that price pressures are picking up. But overall, inflation remains in check. The inflation gauge that the Fed tends to monitor most closely shows an increase of just 1.7 percent from a year earlier, below the central bank’s 2 percent target level.Most economists expect growth to pick up in the coming months and to accelerate inflation slightly by year’s end. They have forecast that the economy will expand at just a 2 percent annual rate in the January-March quarter before topping 3 percent in the next two quarters.For now, consumers have pulled back somewhat on spending despite income gains, thereby setting the stage for potentially stronger spending gains in coming months. After-tax incomes in January — which include benefit payments from the government and business income as well as wages — climbed by the most in a year. They were boosted, in part, by the Trump administration’s tax cuts and company bonuses that were paid out in response to corporate tax cuts.And manufacturers expanded at the fastest pace in nearly 14 years in February, according to a survey of purchasing managers.The housing market, too, remains generally solid, with demand for homes strong in much of the country, though rising mortgage rates may begin to slow sales.
The Brencore Allstars perform Motown hits from the 1960s and ‘70s. (Courtesy Photo)The Publick Playhouse, in Cheverly, Maryland, served as a time travelling machine on the night of Sept. 26, as it took audiences back to the 1960s and 70s, with Motown hits played during the Tribute to the Music of Motown by the Brencore Allstars.The Brencore Allstars are a local 12-piece band from the Washington, D.C. area.“I personally think this is the best Motown revue on the east coast,” Robert Smoot, CEO of Brencore Entertainment and producer of the show, said. He said he compared the show’s quality to Motown the Musical on Broadway.Six singers, in the show, did a compilation of full songs of classic Motown artists, and a host of medleys, from singers such as Smokey Robinson, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, The Temptations, The Supremes, and The Jackson 5.Not only did they sing, Motown hits, but the show also paid homage to Aretha Franklin, who is known as the queen of soul.The performances were interactive as they encouraged audience members to get out their seats and dance. Smoot said the show’s interactive nature was what made it different from other Motown revue performances.“Come on miss lady with those cute earrings I like,” sang Lakesha Ameya Taylor, directly to an audience member who was flattered and danced even harder.Linda Lewis, an audience member who came to the show as a birthday gift to her 97-year-old husband, Harvey Lewis, thoroughly enjoyed the show. “I think it’s important because it made you move,” she said.In total, there were 28 songs performed by the band.Brencore Allstars will perform a Tribute to the Music of Motown next at the Howard Theatre on Nov. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
According to the D.C. Department of Health, in 2010, Ward 8 residents had the highest rates of obesity and were least likely to exercise; the second highest rates in the District were in Ward 7. Research from the D.C. Policy Center also found that areas in Ward 8—Anacostia, Barry Farms, Mayfair and Ivy City—comprise the majority of the food deserts throughout the city. Food deserts are defined as geographic areas where people have limited access to healthy food.During a series of conversations with Sibley officials, D.C. community and faith leaders, senior-citizens and students expressed concerns about having access to healthy fruits and vegetables, and the impact that the lack of access has on the community’s well-being.“Sibley is 100 percent committed to improving lives of all residents in the District. And what makes our commitment unique is Sibley’s culture of human-centered design, which is based on listening and understanding,” said Richard O. Davis, president and CEO of Sibley Memorial Hospital.The hospital will create an advisory board comprised of Wards 7 and 8 residents, organizations, health care representatives and elected officials to inform health focus areas and evaluate health and wellness initiatives. Additionally, Sibley invites residents and nonprofit organizations serving Wards 7 and 8 to apply to the first cohort of the program by visiting www.wardinfinity.com. Each resident-led group will receive up to $25,000 to fund health and wellness-related projects in their community, as well as coaching and guidance from industry designers and entrepreneurs. In an effort to improve the health and wellness of D.C.’s communities, Sibley Memorial Hospital is launching a first-of-its-kind Community Health Innovators in Residence Program. The program, which consists of Wards 7 and 8 organizations and residents, will work collaboratively with Sibley to create solutions for improving health and wellness issues in the community.