上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 – Powered by Teri Savorn!

Tag Archive: 上海夜网EF

Syracuse senior point guard Frank Howard could return for 1st game

first_imgSyracuse senior point guard Frank Howard could return to practice about one week before the season opener, SU head coach Jim Boeheim said Friday. That timetable could put him on track to play in Syracuse’s first regular-season game, which is Nov. 6.Howard, wearing a protective boot on his left leg, sustained a basketball-related injury sometime in September. The injury was announced Sept. 14. Howard has not practiced since then. He expects to return to practice in about three weeks, before the Orange’s 2018-19 regular-season opener Nov. 6 against Eastern Washington inside the Carrier Dome.“We expect that, if all goes well, he would be able to practice about a week before our first regular-season game,” Boeheim said Friday afternoon. “If everything goes according to plan.”Howard will begin walking next week without the boot. In the meantime, freshman guard Jalen Carey has taken many of Howard’s point-guard time in practice, Boeheim said. The preseason experience aids in Carey’s acclimation to the SU system, familiarizes him with the running the offense and could set him on track to be Syracuse’s first guard off the bench.“It hurts a little bit,” Boeheim said of Howard’s injury. “But if he was playing and Jalen wasn’t playing, it would hurt Jalen a lot more because he’s learning the system. Frank knows what we do. He sees what’s going on. I thought coming in off the summer and fall that Frank was playing the best that I’ve seen him play here. And I think he’ll get right back to that pretty quickly.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textLast season, the Orange went 23-14 overall and 8-10 in conference play. They return all five starters, including Howard, who averaged 14.4 points and 4.7 assists. He shot 37.6 percent from the floor and 32.7 percent from 3-point territory.As a junior last season, Howard improved in his ball handling while limiting his turnovers (3.41 per game), both of which prevented him from playing significant minutes during his first two seasons. In 2017-18, he became the floor general SU needed him to be at the top of the offense, starting in all 37 games and averaging 38.4 minutes per contest.Boeheim said last month that Howard will be “as important” this coming season as he was last year.Syracuse’s first exhibition game is Oct. 25 versus Saint Rose in the Carrier Dome. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+center_img Published on October 12, 2018 at 7:54 pm Contact Matthew: mguti100@syr.edu | @MatthewGut21last_img read more

Steve Ballmer is the Clippers owner and Donald Sterling is not — a joyous day in Los Angeles

first_imgSaid Griffin: “Today is a great day for the Clipper organization and fans everywhere. I look forward to having Mr. Ballmer as an owner and continuing our pursuit of a championship.”Nearly every player expressed excitement in playing for the excitable Ballmer, whose passion and energy is evident even in photographs.“I cannot wait to play this season, knowing Mr. Ballmer is our owner. Today was a great day for the Clippers,” DeAndre Jordan said. The ugly Sterling era has ended, although Shelly Sterling’s statement revealed that Ballmer has bestowed the distinction of “owner emeritus” for her. Shelly Sterling endorsed Ballmer’s ownership as well.“I am confident that Steve will bring the city a championship team in the very near future,” Shelly Sterling said. “I cannot wait for the new season to begin.”The ownership change was announced Tuesday morning, and with that a wave of relief over the Clippers, NBA, and Los Angeles. The NBA released this statement, signifying the new era in Los Angeles Clippers history:“The transaction in which Steve Ballmer purchased the Los Angeles Clippers closed today following the entry of an order by a California court confirming the authority of Shelly Sterling, on behalf of the Sterling Family Trust, to sell the team.“The NBA Board of Governors previously approved the sale and Ballmer is now the Clippers Governor.”That’s music to the ears of Angelenos and basketball fans around the world, as the Sterling saga has finally come to an end. Donald Sterling, who loves to play out his life in court, surely will try more legal wrangling and appeals, but that is of no concern to the Clippers, who can move on without their deplorable former owner.Ballmer, the former Microsoft CEO, can now get to work on his $2 billion purchase. He still has his coach in Doc Rivers. He still has star players in Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.There would’ve been much unrest if Sterling were to still own the team when the season began in the fall, but any such notion of Rivers leaving or players boycotting has been put to rest.“This is an amazing new day in Clippers history,” said Doc Rivers, coach and president of basketball operations, in a statement. “I couldn’t be more excited to work together with Steve as we continue to build a first-class, championship organization. I am already inspired by Steve’s passion for the game, his love of competition and desire to win the right way, and I know our players and fans are going to be inspired as well.” The real work can begin. Will Ballmer change the Clippers name and overhaul the look and feel of the club that was mired in mediocrity for so long? Those questions will be answered, but the biggest step happened Tuesday. Ding dong, Sterling is out.Ballmer is in.What a joyous day in Los Angeles.jill.painter@langnews.com @jillpainter on Twitter “And we will do whatever necessary to provide our fans and their families with the best game-night experience in the NBA. I look forward to meeting our fans at our Staples Center Fan Festival on Monday, Aug. 18 at 12:30 p.m.” Clippers players are expected to attend as well, and Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and many other players released statements endorsing their new owner in a resounding way Tuesday.“I am very excited about Mr. Ballmer’s purchase of the Clippers,” Paul said in a statement. “I’ve had a chance to meet him and his excitement for the game of basketball and our team is going to be great for the league, the city of Los Angeles and Clipper fans everywhere.”Paul and Ballmer hung out together at a Los Angeles Kings playoff game earlier this year and chatted and shared some laughs.Sterling’s ownership tenure and his racist debacles were no laughing matter. Players threatened a boycott of a Clippers playoff game against Golden State, but instead wore their warm-up jerseys inside-out. The Clippers didn’t want to play for Sterling. Finally, at long last, they can play for a new owner. Donald Sterling is out. Steve Ballmer is in as the new owner of the Clippers.This time, it’s official.What a joyous day in Los Angeles. A wonderful day in history for the Clippers.“I am humbled and honored to be the new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers,” Ballmer said in a statement. “Clipper fans are so amazing. They have remained fiercely loyal to our franchise through some extraordinary times. I will be hard core in giving the team, our great coach, staff and players the support they need to do their best work on the court.center_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

Amazing Džumhur defeated Kukushkin and qualified for the 4th Round in Miami!

first_imgDamir Džumhur continued the series of successes at the Masters in Miami.In the third round, the best BiH tennis player defeated Mikhail Kukushkin with 2:1 in sets after nearly two hours of game. Already in the third game of the first set, the Kazakhstani tennis player made a break. However, Džumhur tied in the sixth game (3:3). In the next service-game, Džumhur lost his service again. Kukushkin took advantage of it and won the first set with 6:4 after 46 minutes.In the second set, the roles reversed. Damir played on a high level, while Kukushkin made one mistake after another. Damir won the first five games and it was clear that the second set will go to him. After only 30 minutes of play, Džumhur won the second set with 6:1.At the beginning of the third set, Damir made a break. However, Kukushkin responded immediately and tied to 1:1. The deciding break in the third set occurred in the fifth game, when Kukushkin played his service very poorly and Damir came to, as it will turn out, the key advantage in the match. Until the end, Džumhur kept his services, made another break and came one step away from the victory (5:2). Then Kukushkin, just like Nadal in the last round, asked for medical help. Nevertheless, after medical intervention he continued playing. Džumhur was confident in his service and in the end celebrated with 6:2 after 43 minutes of play.The result of mutual duels of these two tennis players is now 1-1. In the fourth round, Džumhur will play against the winner of the duel Miloš Raonić – Jack Sock.(Source: klix.ba)last_img read more