The Government has allocated approximately $40.56 million to continue work under the ‘Support for Sustainability of Education Sector Reform’ project for the upcoming fiscal year.Details are provided in the 2019/20 Estimates of Expenditure, now before the House of Representatives.Being implemented by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, the project aims to support the continued improvement in student performance by consolidating and improving coordination across the sector.The allocation for the new fiscal year will go towards engaging consultants to identify and develop a plan of action for the strengthening of partnership between the Early Childhood Commission and the National Parenting Support Commission, and to undertake improvement of the internal quality assurance system for 10 teacher-training institutions.Other targets are to build the capacity for training in numeracy and science at teachers’ colleges, including the provision of resources; improving the capacity of teacher-training institutions to screen students; engaging a consultant to support the Alternative Pathway for Secondary Education; and conducting training workshops for the early childhood sector and to aid in the implementation of new approaches across the education sector.Achievements under the project up to December 2018 include acquiring stimulation resource for early-childhood institutions; implementing a capacity-building training programme for mathematics teachers; procuring information technology equipment for teachers’ colleges; and conducting training workshops through the School Improvement Framework.The Support for Sustainability of Education Sector Reform project was implemented in 2017 and is expected to conclude in March 2020. Being implemented by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, the project aims to support the continued improvement in student performance by consolidating and improving coordination across the sector. Story Highlights Details are provided in the 2019/20 Estimates of Expenditure, now before the House of Representatives. The Government has allocated approximately $40.56 million to continue work under the ‘Support for Sustainability of Education Sector Reform’ project for the upcoming fiscal year.
Tag Archive: 上海娱乐地图yldt123
Wide receiver Santonio Holmes is set to make his preseason debut for the New York Jets on Sunday night.The former Super Bowl MVP hasn’t played a game since his infamous benching in last year’s regular season finale.Jets coach Rex Ryan confirmed the news on Friday, saying that both Holmes and slot receiver Jeremy Kerley will face the Carolina Panthers. Their much-needed return should come as a big boost to a struggling offense that has failed to score a touchdown in the preseason. The Mark Sanchez-led first unit has yet to produce a point in eight possessions.“I hope it could be a big spark,” Kerley said. “Get some new legs out there and give Mark some [more] targets.”Holmes has been sidelined since being hit by cornerback Antonio Cromartie in an August 4 intra-squad scrimmage and suffering rib cartilage damage.The Jets’ only proven receiver returned to practice on a limited basis this week. The seventh-year pro from Ohio State started all 16 games last year, totaling 51 receptions for 654 yards and eight touchdowns.For his career, Holmes boasts 77 receiving plays of 20 yards or better and 17 that have been good for at least 40 yards. Two hundred fifty-six of his 338 career catches have gone for first downs.Holmes was named the MVP of Super Bowl XVIII after totaling nine catches for 131 yards and a touchdown to help Pittsburgh outlast Arizona, 27-23. Four of his receptions and 73 of his yards came on the game’s final drive, punctuated by his spectacular game-winning catch in the contest’s waning moments.Kerley has missed most of training camp with a slight hamstring tear.Ryan said he expects his starters to play three quarters Sunday, although both Holmes and Kerley will each be limited to about 10 to 15 plays.None of the Jets starters or backup quarterback Tim Tebow is expected to play in the team’s preseason finale against the Philadelphia Eagles on August 30.
Malik was named to the 2007 FOLIO: 40 list of influential people in the magazine industry. She launched East West as an online-only magazine in 2003. After eight online “issues,” the brand had attracted enough readers and advertisers to launch in print. “Crafting what EastWest means to our readers, which has changed over the years, has been the biggest challenge,” Malik told FOLIO: at the time, “but I think we’re finally in our groove.” In an e-mail to FOLIO:, Malik explained that the blog is a “a stop-gap to keep the brand alive.” “We need an investor that believes in our mission as strongly as we do,” she wrote. “The operation has run since 2003 on a shoestring, primarily self-funded … we could never invest in that growth to make it efficient and to take advantage of the momentum we had built.” East West magazine—a bi-monthly geared toward Asian Americans and focused on the intersection of Eastern and Western cultures—is going on an indefinite print hiatus effective immediately. “It is the tale of a small, bare bones company that has grown too fast,” founder Anita Malik wrote in a letter posted on the magazine’s Web site. “Our resources have been taxed and this labor of love has become larger than our small staff.” Malik hopes to be back in print by late 2008 or early 2009 but she “can’t say for sure.” In the meantime, East West will launch a blog to keep readers “updated on East West names, faces, places and events.”
Just over a year ago The Huffington Post launched its video arm, HuffPost Live. Since its launch it has filmed 12 hours of video each day and welcomed over 10,000 guests onto its platform from 90 countries around the world.In Part I, Roy Sekoff, president at HuffPost Live, and keynote speaker at Folio:’s MediaNext Conference (Oct. 28-30) in New York, discusses Year-One, the business model and how The Huffington Post unexpectedly tapped into something more with “social video.”Check out Part II on October 8, where Sekoff will advise smaller-scale publishers how to effectively roll out a video strategy of their own and discusses the future of media and online video.
Tags $999 Mentioned Above Apple iPhone XS (64GB, space gray) Sprint See It Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors Apple Review • iPhone XS review, updated: A few luxury upgrades over the XR Share your voice $999 • See It CNET may get a commission from retail offers. Apple University of Plymouth/YouTube Generally when someone says smoothie, I think banana. But two scientists at the University of Plymouth in the UK think a little differently. They think “iPhone”.To encourage greater recycling rates to better appreciate exactly what materials go in to producing the handheld supercomputers we slip into our pockets every day, two geologists at the University of Plymouth have stuck an iPhone into a blender, pulverized it to dust and then chemically analyzed its composition.Smartphones have become so ubiquitous it’s kind of hard to imagine a world without them. We take them for granted. They’re just there. But of course, it takes a whole lot of energy to build one — and plenty of mining.By blending up the iPhone (without the battery!) and mixing it with an oxidizer at around 500 degrees Celsius (approx. 932 degrees Fahrenheit), the researchers were able to find exactly what the iPhone was composed of. They noted a wide range of elements, including the usual suspects of iron, nickel and silicon, but surprisingly they also found around 90 milligrams of silver, 900mg of tungsten and 36mg of gold.”This means that concentration-wise, a phone has 100 times more gold – or 10 times more tungsten – than a mineral resource geologists would call ‘high-grade’,” wrote Alan Williams, the media and communications officer at the University of Plymouth.The team also produced a video of their exploits, where you can see the iPhone getting destroyed by spinning blades. Hooray! See All Comment Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean it Best Buy Boost Mobile reading • Scientists pulverize phones to discover what’s inside $999 See It Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? See it $999 1 Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 “We are now in a climate where people are becoming more socially responsible and interested in the contents of what they are purchasing,” said Colin Wilkins, one of the project’s two geologists, in a press release. “Partly on the back of this, several of the major mobile phone companies have committed to upping their recycling rates.”The two major smartphone manufacturers have certainly begun making their production and recycling processes more eco-friendly. In September 2018, Apple committed to using more recyclables in their iPhones, in addition to moving to renewable energy sources to power their manufacturing. In January, Samsung committed to replacing its plastic packaging with sustainable materials and in its US, Chinese and European facilities it has pledged it will switch to 100 percent renewable energy by 2020. Of course, this is not the first time the iPhone has met death by blender. The popular YouTube channel “Will It Blend?” first threw an iPhone into a blender some 12 years ago, racking up an impressive 12 million views. That video, below, grinds the original iPhone down to a fine dust. Notably, the researchers used the same blender to pulverize their own test smartphone, except this time the analysis was a little more refined. Apple iPhone XS If watching a perfectly usable smartphone being smashed to pieces isn’t your thing, maybe you’ll enjoy seeing Jar Jar Binks gets obliterated instead. And if all of this has you wondering about sorting yourself out with a shiny new blender, well CNET has you covered there, too. You can check out our best blender recommendations for 2019. Phones Preview • iPhone XS is the new $1,000 iPhone X
IANS In a match where the defence of the defending champions came to the party, defending champions Bengaluru Bulls recorded an impressive 34-32 win over 2017 champions Patna Pirates. What made the match special was the great performance by the defenders of the Bengaluru side who inflicted as many as four Super Tackles in the match on the raiders of Patna despite the presence of superstar Pardeep Narwal in the team. This match was regarded as a battle between the two star raiders in each side – Pardeep for Pirates and Pawan Sehrawat, the star of last year’s season, for the Bulls. While both did play their part and Pardeep scored 10 points while Pawan 9, in the end it was the solid defending team of Amit Sheoran, Ashish Sangwan and Mahender Singh which produced the main ingredient of the win. It was in the second half that these players showed their mettle as they kept foiling Patna’s attempts to increase their lead through Super Tackles after Super Tackles. Even the might Pardeep, otherwise an unstobbale force had a lean time for most part of the second half. Sehrawat, expected to deliver a big performance struggled in the first half and first part of the second half but then came into form and started to score important points. This sealed Bulls’ victory.
At least 16 people were killed in road accidents in Gopalganj, Sirajganj, Tangail, Rajshahi and Pabna districts on Thursday, says UNB.Six of them were killed in Gopalganj while four in Sirajganj and two each in Tangail, Rajshahi and Pabna.In Gopalganj, a bus rammed a microbus at Gerekhola in Kashiani upazila in the morning, killing six people, including five members of a family.Five of the deceased were identified as Halim Akon, a Saudi expatriate, his wife Asma Khatun, their two sons — Sujon and Shihab — and Halim’s brother-in-law Babul Hawladar, of Sharankhola upazila in Bagerhat district.Saidur Rahman Khan, police super of Gopalganj, said the Dhaka-bound bus of ‘Sheba Greenline Paribahan’ crashed into the microbus coming from the opposite direction around 9:45am, leaving the six microbus passengers dead on the spot.The family met the tragic end of their lives while returning home after receiving Halim, who came to Bangladesh from Saudi Arabia in the morning, at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in the capital.In Sirajganj, four people, including three members of a family, were killed and two others injured when a bus hammered a microbus on Dhaka-Bogra highway at Ghurka Beltala in Raiganj upazila in the early hours.The deceased were identified as Mili Begum, 35, wife of Harun-or-Rashid, their son Sagar, 13, Mili’s father-in-law Solaiman, 65, of Kahalu upazila, and Abdul Khalek, 32, the microbus driver hailing from Dupchachia upazila of Bogra district.Abdul Gani, a sergeant of Hatikumrul Highway Police, said the Kurigram-bound bus of ‘Dhanshiri Paribahan’ hit the microbus around 12:45am, leaving its four inmates killed on the spot and two others injured.In Tangail, a Jamalpur-bound microbus ran two women over at Pathanbari of Dhanbari upazila in the morning while they were on a morning walk along Madhupur-Jamalpur road, killing them on the spot.The deceased were Reba Begum, 32, wife of Babul Bakul, and Shahaton Begum, 50, wife of Abdul Mazid, of the area.Mujibur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Dhanbari police station, said the microbus driver fled the scene leaving his vehicle behind.In Rajshahi, a young man and his nephew were killed as a truck hit their motorbike on Rajshahi-Dhaka highway at Pollapukur intersection in Puthia upazila at noon.The deceased were Tushar Hossain, 22, son of Abdul Latif, and Shahin Ali, 20, son of Nazmul Islam of Ramchandrapur Kedurmor area of the city.Police said the truck crashed into the bike of Tushar when he along with his nephew Shahin was going to Natore, leaving the duo dead on the spot.In Pabna, two motorcyclists were killed as their bike skidded on the Dashuriya-Muladuli road in Muladuli area of Ishwardi upazila in the afternoon.The deceased were Asharful Islam, 25, son of Hasibur Rahman, resident of Arjopara village, and Shipon Hossain, 23, son of Khalilur Rahman, resident of Dori Nazirpur village of Atgharia upazila.Sub-inspector Ganesh Chandra Mandal, in-charge of Pakshi highway police outpost, said the motorcycle skidded off the road in front of a sugarcane field when its driver tried to put the brake, leaving the duo dead on the spot.
Emergency management officials in the region are monitoring the weather and bracing for possible flooding, damaging winds and hail.“We’ll have periods of rain and thunderstorms and then breaks between,” National Weather Service forecaster Dan Reilly said. “So, it’s not going to be raining the whole time but we certainly will have rounds of thunderstorms right through Friday.”He said those rains are moving in from the southwest. Corpus Christi experienced some heavy flooding Sunday night.Francisco Sanchez with the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management said the ground and bayous are still saturated from the historical floods last month – and so it doesn’t take a heavy downpour to cause more flooding.“It becomes a little difficult when, as we get later in the week, it’s going to take less and less rain to actually cause these problems to get worse,” Sanchez said. “So we’re keeping an eye on that.”In Galveston County, officials are also monitoring the weather but emergency management coordinator Garret Foskit said they are not too concerned about this week.Meanwhile, the American Red Cross is ready for more flooding in Greater Houston.“We’re meeting with community partners and we are putting shelters on standby,” MaryJane Mudd with the Red Cross Texas Gulf Coast Region said. “In the case that if there is a need, if people do leave their homes based on flood damage or having to evacuate, that we can then reach out to those partners and open those shelters.”Officials advise residents to check weather and traffic conditions before they leave their homes this week.NWS To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Listen 00:00 /01:20 Share X