上海419论坛,上海龙凤419,爱上海 – Powered by Teri Savorn!

Tag Archive: 南京新龙凤419

In the news today April 25

first_imgALSO IN THE NEWS:—  Preliminary hearing in the case of Commissioner of Competition Tribunal vs. Ticketmaster and parent company Live Nation Entertainment Inc. for allegedly using deceptive ticket pricing practices, demanding it display the full price up front.— Constitutional arguments will be heard in the case of Lorne Grabher, whose surname-personalized licence plate was revoked because it was deemed offensive to women.— Fatality inquiry into the deaths of Const. David Wynn and Shawn Rehn. Rehn was out on bail when he shot Wynn in a casino. He then shot himself in a nearby home.———The Canadian Press Five stories in the news for Thursday, April 25———WILSON RAYBOULD: FEDS WANT TO JUST ‘MANAGE THE PROBLEM’ OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLESFormer justice minister Jody Wilson-Raybould said the Liberal government made promises on Indigenous issues but backtracked on reconciliation and resolving long-standing problems after taking the reins of power. Wilson-Raybould made the comments in a speech to the First Nations Justice Council in British Columbia, saying she went to Ottawa in 2015 when the Liberals were keen to recruit Indigenous candidates. She said she faced resistance, including when she issued a directive over how federal government lawyers should handle civil cases with Indigenous people and was then shuffled to the veterans affairs portfolio.———CANADA SAYS SOLUTION COULD COME SOON TO GARBAGE DISPUTE WITH THE PHILIPPINESEnvironment Minister Catherine McKenna thinks a solution can be found in the coming weeks to the argument over who’s responsible for dozens of containers of Canadian garbage that have been sitting in a port in Manila for almost six years. A Global Affairs Canada official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the negotiations are still underway, told The Canadian Press it’s expected that the garbage will be returned to Canada. The Canadian ambassador in the Philippines made similar comments to the Philippine News Agency after Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to “declare war” on Canada over the trash.———FEDS OFFER PROVINCES 50/50 SPLIT ON ABANDONED BUS-ROUTE SERVICEThe federal government will split funding for bus service on rural routes abandoned by Greyhound in northern Ontario and Western Canada, but Transport Minister Marc Garneau says only British Columbia has so far taken him up on the offer. Garneau made his comments Wednesday after meeting with B.C. Transportation Minister Claire Trevena. It was the fourth discussion between the ministers on a 50/50 cost-sharing plan to service routes that were dropped when Greyhound shut down operations last fall, citing a loss of $70 million over six years.———MANITOBA FILES CARBON TAX LAWSUITThe Manitoba government has filed its own court challenge of the federal government’s carbon tax, following similar moves by Ontario and Saskatchewan. In documents filed in Federal Court, the Manitoba government seeks a judicial review to quash the federal tax on the grounds it exceeds Ottawa’s constitutional authority. Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and New Brunswick — all provinces lead by conservative governments — have refused federal Liberal demands to enact their own carbon levies. That prompted Ottawa to impose its own tax in those provinces, which started April 1 at $20 per tonne and will rise to $50 per tonne by 2022. A date has not been set for the hearing.———INQUIRY INTO ALBERTA RCMP OFFICER’S KILLING  LOOKS AT BAIL HEARING PROCESSAn Alberta Justice official has told a fatality inquiry into the death of a Mountie that the province is right not to force prosecutors to tell bail hearings about a suspect’s criminal record. Assistant deputy minister Eric Tolppanen spoke Wednesday at the inquiry into the shooting of Const. David Wynn at an Edmonton-area casino in 2015. Career-criminal Shawn Rehn was out on bail on other charges when he killed Wynn and wounded an auxiliary constable. Tolppanen said it’s unnecessary that prosecutors be legally required to tell bail judges about a suspect’s criminal record, the nature of the alleged offence and bail history. He said such a requirement would limit the ability of prosecutors to present their cases as they see fit.———last_img read more

2020 VW Golf debut delayed because of software setbacks report says

first_img Tags More about 2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI Review • 2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI: The daily-driver hot hatch 1 2020 Mini JCW Clubman first drive: A fast alternative for the crossover-averse 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class first drive: If it ain’t broke… More From Roadshow Share your voice 2020 Bentley Continental GT: Concept looks with a surprise inside Comment Volkswagen Originally, it was believed that Volkswagen would introduce the eighth generation of its venerable Golf at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September. Now, it appears that won’t be the case, as delays have beset VW’s compact car.Software issues have pushed back the unveiling of the eighth-generation VW Golf, Automotive News Europe reports, citing an interview with board member Jürgen Stackmann at the Shanghai Motor Show. “We’ve never hid the fact that software, an area of extreme importance for products in the future, is a serious challenge for us,” Stackmann told ANE. “We have our homework ahead of us, and the teams are under heavy pressure.”Specifically, ANE’s report highlights one area where it’s taking some time to get the software right — over-the-air (OTA) updates. This new kind of vehicle update allows an automaker to beam patches and possibly even new features directly to a vehicle, instead of requiring it to return to the dealer for a physical update. Stackmann specifically pointed to OTA security and homologation requirements in various markets when ANE asked about specific instances causing the delay.Enlarge ImageIt’s not the newest compact on the block, but the seventh-generation Golf is still a compelling buy in the US, offering solid build quality on a platform that’s rewarding to drive. Volkswagen “You’re adding content to a vehicle afterwards, and this is an area where we are working together with the type approval agencies to define these processes. It is new for them as well,” Stackmann told ANE.The issues will allegedly affect the beginning of the eighth-gen Golf’s production, too. Germany’s Der Spiegel reported earlier this month that, instead of building 80,000 Golfs this year as planned, VW will build about 10,000. VW confirmed this move to Der Spiegel, but nevertheless, the automaker remains on target to have the cars on sale in Germany on or around Feb. 24 of next year, with the rest of Europe to follow. The US generally receives a new Golf about a year after the Europeans do, so hopefully VW hammers out all those bumps well ahead of its stateside debut.In lieu of a new Golf to display in Frankfurt, Volkswagen will instead reveal the production version of the ID electric hatchback, which ANE first reported this March. The ID hatch, which might be called the ID Neo, will be Europe’s first foray into Volkswagen’s new all-electric lineup. In the US, that honor will go to the ID Crozz crossover. Hatchbacks Future Carslast_img read more