The email request also included $1.5 million for political campaign funds for Papa Diack’s father, and $1.5 million for lobbying efforts for Pyeongchang for the six months ahead of voting in Durban to choose the hosting country in July 2011, SBS claimed.On top of the $12 million, Papa Diack demanded an unspecified “success fee”, the e-mail showed. Pyeongchang comfortably won the vote to host the Games.SBS did not publish any evidence of Samsung making payments in response to Papa Diack’s request. As an Olympic title sponsor Samsung is prohibited from lobbying for any host city.Samsung’s chief Lee Kun-hee, an IOC member until last year, was convicted of tax evasion in 2008. Months later then-president Lee Myung-bak controversially pardoned him so that he could be involved in the Pyeongchang 2018 bid.In its statement Tuesday, Samsung said Lee had made various efforts to help South Korea win hosting rights for the Winter Olympics, in two unsuccessful bids for the 2010 and 2014 Games and the third successful bid for the 2018 Games.Samsung said it was inappropriate to frame his efforts as behind-the-scene collusion between businesses and the government.Papa Diack has already been handed a life ban from athletics for corruption and accused of wrongdoing in two other Olympic bidding contests. He is based in Senegal, where authorities have said he will not be extradited.Share on: WhatsApp Seoul, South Korea | AFP | South Korean tech giant Samsung on Tuesday denied allegations it illegally lobbied International Olympic Committee members to vote for Pyeongchang to host the 2018 Winter Olympics over the German and French cities of Munich and Annecy.Corruption allegations surrounding Pyeongchang’s successful Olympic bid have seen Samsung accused of offering various incentives in return for votes.South Korean broadcaster SBS TV said it had obtained copies of 137 emails including messages between Samsung executives and Papa Massata Diack — the scandal-tainted son of former International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) President Lamine Diack.According to SBS, the mails included one listing 27 IOC members with voting rights to choose a host country and another suggesting Papa Diack had promised to convince each one to vote for Pyeongchang.There was also one allegedly marked “strictly confidential” from 2010 in which Diack requested $12 million in funds — including a three-year, $9.5 million sponsorship for the Diamond League, an annual series of elite athletics meetings run by the IAAF.“Samsung has never engaged in any illegal lobbying activities to have Pyeongchang win the bidding”, Samsung said in a press statement, stressing the company’s sponsorship agreement with IAAF was legitimate.The emails dated February-December 2010 were confiscated by South Korean prosecutors several months ago during a massive graft investigation into former South Korean president Park Geun-hye and her secret confidante Choi Soon-sil, SBS said. Park was jailed for 24 years by a Seoul court on Friday.
Tag Archive: 上海水磨外卖工作室
Share on: WhatsApp Manchester, United Kingdom | AFP | Pep Guardiola warned his Manchester City players they must learn from their mistakes after a shock 3-2 home defeat by struggling Crystal Palace left them four points behind leaders Liverpool at the top of the Premier League.The win ended City’s perfect home form in the league this season after nine victories from their opening nine matches and arrived 28 years to the day since Palace lost won on the road against the Blues.It also featured a magnificent 30-yard volley from Andros Townsend that was heralded instantly as a goal-of-the-season contender.But after defeat at Chelsea earlier this month City have now lost two of their past three league fixtures and know they are in a real fight to hold onto their league title in a New Year that opens with Liverpool visiting the Etihad on January 3.“I said at Stamford Bridge, I have few regrets,” said Guardiola. “You just have to improve and these kind of situations won’t happen in the future.”Guardiola was also left to ponder his team selection, having left Sergio Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne on the bench in the first half as the pair recover from injury lay-offs.The City manager was also without injured Brazilian Fernandinho and took the gamble of playing England centre-half John Stones in the holding midfield role — not that Guardiola was in the mood for second guessing himself.“I don’t know. I’m only the manager,” he said. “I don’t know what would have happened if Kevin had started, Sergio had started.“Fernandinho is not fit and John played so well there (in the League Cup tie) at Leicester, I wanted to give him another situation. He played well. He was quick, except once on the ball in the beginning.”The afternoon had looked routine for City when Ilkay Gundogan rose to meet Fabian Delph’s 27th-minute cross and headed in the opening goal.City had not lost any of their previous 52 league games against teams outside the traditional “big six”, a run dating back nearly two years to a defeat at Everton in January 2017.– Quickfire Palace –But Palace turned the game on its head with two goals in as many minutes just after the half hour. First, Stones’ challenge on James McArthur pushed the ball to Jeffrey Schlupp, who capitalised on some uncertain defending from Kyle Walker, driving the ball past him and diving keeper Ederson.Just two minutes later, a free-kick was headed out by Bernardo Silva to Townsend and the former England winger connected with an incredibly well-executed, first-time left-foot volley that soared above the diving Ederson from fully 30 yards.Guardiola brought on Aguero early in the second half but, almost immediately, City fell further behind when Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s cross found the head of Townsend, whose effort struck the right-hand post.Max Meyer gathered the rebound, forcing a panicked Walker into making a challenge referee Andre Marriner judged to be a foul and Luka Milivojevic showed admirable composure to convert the penalty.De Bruyne sparked a late City fightback, and scored an 85th-minute consolation with a deep cross that floated over the head of Vicente Guaita and into the goal.“Today was one of those bonanza days,” said winning manager Roy Hodgson.“You get your work rate as it should be, you get your shape and discipline as it should be, then you also score goals.“To score three goals away from home against a team of this quality says a lot… and makes you wonder where they have been up until now.”
Pictured launching the new Ciopany Rovers book “Celebrating 25 years n the Donegal League” are David Walsh, Denis Mc Mullen and Jason Quigley. Pic.: Gary FoyA large crowd turned out in stunning sunshine to celebrate Copany Rovers’ 25th anniversary at Killowen Park, Laghey.The club celebrated 25 years in the Donegal League and launched a commerative book chronicling the past 25 years.Enjoying the action at Killowen Park in the company of Terry Leyden Donegal League administrator. Pic.: Gary FoyFinn Harps played the club in a friendly match and many faces form the past and the present connected to the club turned out. Special guests present included Jason Quigley, Matt Gallagher, Joyce Mc Mullin, David Walsh, Ernie Pollock, Joe Duffy, Terry Leyden and several other past club players and officials.David Walsh and Jason Quigley who played underage for Copany launched the book.Robert Johnston of Green Valley Foods pictured presentig the match ball to Joe Duffy former Donegal League Chairman who was a guest at the Copany Rovers 25th Anniversary celebrations on Sunday. Included is Copany Rovers clubman Ian Curristan. Pic.: Gary FoyThe Copany Rovers team who played Finn Harps in a friendly to celebrate the club’s 25th Anniversary in the Donegal League. Pic.: Gary FoyFinn Harps and Copany Rovers team captains Kevin Mc Hugh and Thomas Given pictured with match officials Liam Farren referee, John Mc Glanaghey and Ralph Wilson Linesmen. Pic.: Gary FoyCopany Rovers clubmen Stephen Johnston, Denis Mc Mullen and Ian Curristan pictured at the launch of the club’s new book “Celebrating 25 years in the Donegal League” with former players Joyce Mc Mullin, David Walsh and Matt Gallagher. Pic.: Gary FoyCopany Rovers launched their new book “Celebrating 25 years in the Donegal League” at Killowen Park today. Pictured are Ernie Pollock UFA, Stephen Johnston Copany Rovers, Terry Leyden Donegal League, Denis Mc Mullen Copany Rovers Joe Duffy Former Donegal League Chairman and Ian Curristan Copany Rovers. Pic.: Gary FoyEnjoyng the summer sunshing at Killowen Park today were Finn Harps supporters Sean Quinn, Seamus Gallagher, John Campbell and Harold Lindsey. Pic.: Gary FoyPresent for the festivities at Killowen Park, Copany were Andrew Wilson, Ralph Wilson, Liam and John Farren. Pic.: Gary FoyCOPANY ROVERS CELEBRATE 25TH ANNIVERSARY – PIC SPECIAL was last modified: July 14th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:25TH ANNIVERSARYCopany Rovers